We are Atria Development. Take a moment to get to know us.
It all began in 1964 with the arrival of Gyan (John) Jain, the family’s patriarch. From humble beginnings, John started what would be a trend in the re-purposing of old properties into residential, commercial, and industrial uses. With vision and hard work, his sons continue this tradition of re-vitalizing communities and, after nearly four decades, Atria Development prides itself on its innovative designs in new construction and its ability to breathe new life into historic buildings. Completed projects include:
- The award winning Parkwoods Residences, Oshawa. The conversion of an abandoned office building into 120 upscale residential condominiums;
- The conversion of the old Dylex building on Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, into the award winning 153 unit “Garment Factory Lofts”;
- The creation of the “i-zone”, the conversion of the former Coca Cola Bottling Plant on Dundas/Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, into a 104 unit live-work and artist studios;
- Construction of 3 upscale eco-homes in the Yonge Sheppard area (featured in “City Line’s” GTA house of the month);
- Approximately 1.0 Million square feet of repurposed industrial space;
- Kimberley Court, upper Beaches, Toronto – an 8 unit townhouse project.
We’re currently in the process of launching the following projects:
- A four-tower, 1,500 unit residential development adjacent to Scarborough Town Centre;
- A 44 unit condominium in Birch Cliff Village across from the Toronto Hunt Club golf course with views of Lake Ontario;
- 2000 residential units on 6 acres of land in the Queen-Carlaw area of Leslieville;
- The conversion of the historic circa 1896 YMCA in downtown Peterborough into 140 upscale residential units;
- A 16 unit modern townhome project in the Upper Beaches area of Toronto.
We continue to push the envelope by designing our projects to complement and transition the fabric of the existing community.
We do this by carefully choosing projects, getting to know the community and working closely with our municipal partners. We focus on bringing value to those who reside in our building and to our neighbours. Our in-house team is assembled to navigate the entire development life cycle: from land acquisitions and assembly, planning and approvals, to sales, marketing and customer service.
We are Atria Development and we’d love to get to know you.